Ethos Statement and Values
Upholding Christian values, together we ENJOY our learning, ENRICH our lives and EXCEL by making the most of our talents and gifts.
Cumberworth Church of England First School in partnership with our children, parents/carers and governors seek to create a school in which:
- all members of the school community, regardless of language, faith or culture, feel valued as individuals and are treated with respect.
- we nurture the Christian faith while respecting all other faiths and those with no faith.
- we focus on the whole child recognising that all children are different.
- our children enjoy coming to school and are provided with an inclusive and stimulating curriculum.
- we provide a range of extra-curricular activities giving children opportunities to develop individual interests and skills.
- we have high expectations which ensure that the full potential of all is realised.
- we create confident and independent young people who take responsibility for their actions and understand their role in our community and the wider world.
Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.